Over the last few years a number of articles, authored by Peter Franklin or arising from interviews with him, have been published. These, together with articles written by other network principals, can be downloaded in Adobe Acrobat format by clicking on the Article heading shown below.
- Community Energy - The case for gas fired community energy - Utility week article Jul 2012
- Future of Gas Generation - Response to the DECC Call for evidence May/June 2012. Presents the case for a distributed generation architecture in the UK
- Smart Homes and the Utility Business Model - A presentation and accompanying notes as presented to the Oliver Kinross Annual Smart Metering and Grids Southern Europe summit in September 2011
- The UK Smart metering system - A set of slides depicting the soon to be smart system in the UK showing the new entities which will/may emerge. A fascinating and challenging landscape. Enstra White Paper July 2010
- Perspectives 2010 pt 2 - Looking back at 2010 from 2015 what might we see: Beating the Law of unintended consequences with complex dynamic systems models, Fuel Poverty - an alternative solution - the third way. Enstra White Paper Jun 2010
- Perspectives 2010 pt 1 - Looking back at 2010 from 2015 what might we see: The rise of energy telcos, a £100 billion home upgrade market - 10x Smart metering. Enstra White Paper Feb 2010
- Smart Energy Markets, Complex Dynamic Systems - The case for adopting the maths of complex dynamics systems to mitigate the impact of the Law of Unintended consequences when designing the new "Smart" market frameworks. Enstra White Paper Dec 2009
- Smart Meters will help cut Carbon - Why we need a realistic carbon price if smart meters are to deliver the climate change mitigation we seek - Utility Week Soapbox Oct 2009
- Combating Climate CHange - The case for UK Smart metering and a rationale for why progress is so slow based on the lack of an adequate carbon pricing mechanism. Enstra White Paper Sept 2009
- How to successfully sell to the Utilities - Through the use of Value Mapping and Pyramid Thinking organisations who are targetting the utilities can better understand how they can create value, and how to craft the compelling proposition to increase sales success. Servizi a Rete Sep/Oct 2008 (Text in Italian and English)
- Getting excited about simulation - Beating the law of unintended consequences through the use of simulation modelling. Utility Week June 2008
- All Aboard - Value Maps provide an ideal link between the Business and IT. Utility Week (13th March 2006)
- Play to your strengths - IT Partnering as the better alternative to in-source or out-source. Utility Week (2nd December 2005)
- What's the Difference? - Peter Franklin explains how careful analysis of energy tariffs reveals that the market is far from perfect, and that means wily marketers can exploit the gaps, Utility Week (9th September 2005)
- Seeing Double- Peter Franklin sees mis-selling history repeating itself in the Telecoms industry, Utility Week (22nd July 2005)
- Value Mapping - Creating the Common Vision. How value maps can enable decision making groups arrive at a common view of "the solution" based on maximising value. (July 2005)
- Changing Booms - (Analysis of switching in the UK), Utility Week (2nd July 2004)
- European Recipe for Success? - Peter Franklin, Utility Week (22nd November 2002)
- Building an Energy Business in a changing market. - Peter Franklin, Petroleum Economist world energy yearbook 2000.
- Roger Milne - Interview with Peter Franklin. - Interview on the history of Calortex. (16th April 1999)
- Look both ways - how e-technology could well impact the utilities. - Peter Franklin, Utility Week (13th October 2000).
- Make or break - the water industry at the cross-roads. - Peter Franklin, Utility week (3rd November 2000)
If you do not have the Acrobat reader installed on your computer it can be downloaded free by clicking on the graphic below: